Gulf Power & Southern Co. - How to Contact about Smart Meters
Mailing address for Gulf Power correspondence about smart meters is the corporate headquarters of its parent company:
The Southern Company
30 Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd. NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
Found here: http://ecorporateoffices.com/TheSouthernCompany-1845 - Found no mailing address for Southern Company or Gulf Power at their own websites (usually don't want to use payment address for correspondence).
Address your letter to the contact name / title you think best (and can cc: other names). Here are two from this link: http://investor.southerncompany.com/management.cfm
Thomas A. Fanning, Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer, Southern Company
Mark A. Crosswhite, President and Chief Executive Officer, Gulf Power Company
It is worth the extra cost to mail all letters ”certified mail” with return receipt so it has the best chance of getting on (and staying on) the record. It will be very helpful to have your written correspondence on file. Request or demand the choice to opt-out permanently from having a wireless 2-way RF microwave device on your home or business.
Southern Company page on smart meters: http://www.southerncompany.com/smart_energy/smart_grid_ami.html
GULF POWER: http://www.gulfpower.com/
Gulf Power Customer Service: (800) 225-5797
Link to Gulf Power 'Contact Us' page: https://customerservice.southerncompany.com/contactus.aspx?mnuOpco=gulf&...
The following comes from: http://southerncompany.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2371
“Customers can call 1-877-655-4001... for summer money-saving tips."
"Gulf Power serves more than 430,000 customers in eight counties throughout Northwest Florida."
Energy Select is an advanced energy management and efficiency program that can help you save money and energy.
· A thermostat you program for comfort and savings
· Online Programming - You can now program your Energy Select thermostat from any computer with internet access
· A special rate that features four different prices based upon the time of day, day of week and season. And, because the price you pay is lower than the normal rate 87 percent of the time, you can choose to buy electricity during lower priced periods which saves you money and energy.
· A meter that talks to Gulf Power
· FREE installation
To be an Energy Select customer, you must have:
· An active residential account with Gulf Power Company
· Broadband Internet service
· A properly working central cooling and heating system
· Ownership of your home or the homeowner's permission
· You cannot be signed up for Gulf Power's Flat Bill rate
Gulf Power smart meter page says:
"Do I have to be at home when my Smart Meter is installed? - - - - - You do not have to be home when Smart Meter is installed. We will attempt to notify you by telephone a few days before installation. A technician will notify you upon installation if you are on site at the time."
[Editor’s note: Please send comments about your experience with smart meters installed or refused, to firstname.lastname@example.org - include the name of your county and city if possible, and let us know which neighborhoods are being installed now. Thanks!]
Share this post on Twitter...